Sleeper buses in Vietnam are very popular. It is one of the best options when it comes to a long distance trip. Sleeper buses are supposed to give you comfort and satisfaction while on the trip because you should feel relaxed. But some passengers feel discomfort and have so many complaints about the trip. Some of these passengers will say that the bus is too crowded, smelly and there is no way to relax.
Well, in the first place, how did you choose this sleeper bus? Is it from a recommended and reputable bus company? There are a lot of sleeper buses operating in Vietnam, so you should know which one is really good to avoid complaints, right? Now, where did you get your ticket? Is it from a trustworthy agent or bus company stations? When you were in the bus terminal and bought that ticket, did you believe the people around there, who markets bus companies?
When you are in a place or country, where you do not even understand what they are saying, you should not easily trust. Sometimes, believe your instincts or better ask from the information desks. Are you traveling on a tight budget? I guess, you should save more to avoid inconveniences. When you travel, I suggest you to treat yourself the best for experience sake. Look at those who always chooses the cheapest ones, they are full of complaints. I think, you should not expect the best experience when you do not even want to spend much for your tour, right?
What I am trying to say here is that there are sleeper buses that can give you the most comfortable ride. But expect to pay more. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with spending as long as you will feel at ease, relax and happy with your choices. Anyway, to those who would like to travel around Vietnam with sleeper buses, then we have here a few tips for you to consider.
What are sleeper buses like?
Most of the sleeper buses in Vietnam comes with three rows of bunk beds. There are also those with double decks, but most are designed with a single floor. Lucky are those who have chosen the new buses because some are already old, but still used as public transportation. We cannot also blame the bus operators, if they have not disposed the older ones because of the demand. Though it is usually more expensive when riding on new sleeper buses because they were labeled as VIP or special trip buses.
Passengers are usually led to their seats. And then, will also be provided with plastic bags to keep their shoes. Most special buses also provide blankets, pillows and snacks. Do not wonder about such treatments because these were all part of your payment.
Take note when booking tickets. It would be best to get the ones that do not stop to take more passengers. Sometimes, buses will have to fill the empty beds. But make sure that they do not have to stop often. When this happens, then you are not sure to arrive at your destination in time. And then, it may also interrupt your sleep or relaxation when buses always stop.
More Tips to Ponder
- When traveling by bus, keep your valuable with you all the time, especially when you are sleeping. When your things are stolen, this will not always be the responsibility of the bus company.
- Before getting your ticket, scout for the best sleeper bus company to avoid inconvenience.
- Do not leave your gadgets out of your bag. Make sure to keep these safe before sleeping.
- It would be great to carry a first aid kit because you might feel sick when traveling, especially when the bus is passing curve and rocky roads.
- You do not need to drink too much liquid and do not also dehydrate yourself. Sometimes, the washroom in the bus smells bad, so you might not want to go there often. And then, urinating will also interrupt your sleep. Sometimes, you may even feel dizzy since the bus is moving and you have to walk going to the washroom and coming back to your seat or bed.
- As a foreigner, do not expect the beds to have your size. You may find it quite short for your height.